To minimize risks, capital costs, and loss of revenue; we work to ensure that the right contractor gets the job.
To minimize the risks to project owners in respect of the quality of workmanship in construction, as well as possible additional capital costs and loss of revenue due to contractors’ claims and delays in beneficial occupancy, Omrania’s services include construction tendering processes aimed at ensuring that only suitably qualified contractors are invited to tender for projects and that ultimately, contracts for construction are awarded to contractors on the most favorable technical and commercial terms to project owners.
Services offered by Omrania as part of Construction Tendering include:
- Pre-qualification of contractors to ensure that only commercially, managerially and technically qualified contractors are invited to tender for construction of a project. Assessment of capabilities is normally based on contractors’ responses to pre-qualification questionnaires and, where deemed appropriate, on face-to face interviews with senior contractor representatives.
- Issue of invitations to tender to pre-qualified contractors with all documents necessary for tendering, including Instructions to Tenderers, Form of Tender, Form of Contract Agreement and Conditions of Contract, in addition to the design drawings, specifications, schedules and bills of quantities that define the project scope of work. Contractors will be required to provide information relating to (among other information), senior managerial staff to be assigned to the project, major sub-contractors and suppliers to be employed and any alternative proposals which may result in a reduction in time and contract price for completion of the project.
- Convening of tender explanation meetings with contractors as appropriate and responding to contractors’ queries in relation to the contract documents during the tender period.
- Technical and commercial analysis of tenders received to determine the most technically and commercially favorable tenders.
- Negotiation with selected contractors following tender analysis to obtain the best possible contract sum commensurate with technical compliance of tenders.
- Providing assistance to project owners in final award of contracts for project construction.